As an individual, there are times or days when you begin to feel drown by stress . This feeling can bring your mood to the lowest level. For instance when going through challenges at home or you lost your job or your spouse decided to walkout of your marriage, leaving you to take care of the children on your own without any assistance because he/she has found new love elsewhere. Friends, this life is unpredictable, it might be good today and tomorrow it hits you so hard that you begin to get depressed, get confused or even make you feel powerless and unable to function.
I know this from my personal experience. I have faced so many challenges in life and being optimistic about life has helped to overcome them one-by-one. That is why I’m writing this to help you recover your “Inner Strength” all over again. I was a victim but I chose not to be knocked down on the inside because the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside, especially when you find yourself knocked down from the outside. Yes I did it! And you can do it too!!
Here Are 10 Tips On How To Recover Your Inner Strength In full
- Believe In Yourself – Self – belief would allow you to develop confidence and remain focus and positive in life. When you believe in yourself that you can do it, no one can ever stop you from getting it done. By believing in yourself, no negative situation can affect you. You would become more productive, you would not be afraid to try new thing and by doing so, all your set goals would be achieved. Believing in yourself would make you strong and courageous. A strong person would always stand up for his or herself. It might be scary at the beginning but the moment you begin to say “enough is enough” your heart will start to regain strength.
- Trust in God – Praying always and meditating in God’s words would remind you of his promises. “The people that know their God shall be strong and do exploits “(Daniel 11:32).“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee” (Joshua 1:9). Sing praise and worship songs even when you’re on your own because “The joy of the Lord is your strength”(Nehemiah 8:10), This is one thing I love doing, singing praises and worshiping God at all times.
- Stop Listening To Negative Voices – Those voices inside your head telling you; you are not good enough”, “you can’t do it” and “you will never make it without them”. Life is not about everything being perfect – Tell those voices that “I’m bigger than the problem “and “I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me” (Phil 4:13) and “I ‘m more than conqueror”. When you are faced with challenges, there are three choices to make, you can either let it define you, or let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
- Surround Yourself With Positive People – These people know your strength and they will remind you of what you can do, they will speak good words into you that would make your heart glad” (Proverbs 12:25). Because they know your worth and capability. I’m so blessed to have children and friends that totally believed in me. They encouraged, supported me and prayed with me through my darkest moment. A very big thank you to you all!
- Do Something That Will Increase Your Physical Level – Make every effort to do exercise, go for a walk, or go running, take swimming lessons or join the gym, eat healthy food, sleep well and drink lots of water daily.
- Make Yourself Happy – Do whatever it takes to make yourself happy because there is no way you can make others happy if you’re not happy with yourself. Don’t let your happiness depend on others. I know sometimes, people do wish to be like someone else because they hate the way they were made or created. Stop hating your body or your face. Appreciate who you are because without those things you wouldn’t be you. Take good care of yourself and always dress in way that makes you feel confident and happy. Smile more “When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile”
- Be Compassionate And Respectful – Show love and care to people around you and everyone you meet should be treated with respect. Be kind to people you encounter whether strangers on the street, co-workers, classmates or family members
- Do Something Creative – Volunteer to help people in need, enroll yourself in a course and make sure you finish it no matter the grade that you might think you may have. Just do it! Because time goes very fast and your heart will start to strengthen over time.
- Do Not Be Ashamed To Speak Out – Talk about your emotional feeling to the people you can trust because holding it to yourself can cause more damage to your health. Cry if you want and wipe your tears; then move on with your life.
- Read Books or Listen To Motivational Stories – There are so many people who have experienced hard times in their lives and they have achieved a great success. For example, people like Oprah Winifreys, Maya Angelous, J.K Rowling, Sandi Krakowski, Stephen King, Richard Branson, Tony Robbins and any so many more.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope this post encourages you to take these steps into consideration.